All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- Description344 pages with 77 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Douglas County, Missouri, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 6675 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 70 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1840s11 1850s376 1860s149 1870s855 1880s795 1890s3049 1900s1096 1910s333 1920s6 What Cities and Towns are in Douglas County, Missouri (and in this book)? Ann, Arden, Ar, Ava, Basher, Bertha, Biggs (historical), Blanche, Brushykb, Bryant, Buckhart, Champion, Cheney, Coldspring, Cross Roads, Denlow, Depew, Dogwood, Drury, Evans, Fielden, Filer, Gentryville, Girdner, Goodhope, Goodville, Granada, Hale Crossing, Hebron, Hest, Hilo (historical), Holtville, Jackson Mill, Johns Mills (historical), Larissa, Merritt, Midway, Mount Zion, Olathia, Old Merritt, Omba (historical), Ongo, Osborn Crossing, Prior, Red Bank, Richville, Rippee (historical), Rome, Roosevelt, Roy, Sedan (historical), Silverton, Smallett, Squires, Sweden, Tedrick (historical), Tigris, Topaz, Vanzant, Vera Cruz, Witty, Zenda
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.