All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $35.33
- AU $4.06Trending at AU $7.16
- AU $14.95Trending at AU $15.43
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.16
- AU $15.84Trending at AU $20.77
About this product
- Description218 pages with 56 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Grenada County, Mississippi, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in his book? What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 3044 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 49 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1830s136 1840s2299 1850s225 1860s125 1870s9 1880s49 1890s107 1900s49 1910s31 1920s14 What Cities and Towns are in Grenada County, Mississippi (and in this book)? Bew Springs, Choctaw, Dubard, Elliott, Futheyville, Geeslin Corner, Glenwild, Gore Springs, Graysport Crossing, Grenada, Grenada Landing, Hardy, Holcomb, Hurricane Branch, Kincaid, Kirkman Landing, Leflore, Memphis Junction, Misterton, Nason, Oxberry, Parsons, Redding, Riverdale, Susie, Tie Plant, Youngs
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.