All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- Description224 pages with 62 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Jackson Parish, Louisiana, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 3485 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 46 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1820s7 1830s232 1840s102 1850s1634 1860s475 1870s5 1880s8 1890s435 1900s489 1910s91 1920s7 What Cities and Towns are in Jackson Parish, Louisiana (and in this book)? Ansley, Antioch, Bear Creek, Beech Springs, Boatner (historical), Brooklyn (historical), Cartwright, Chatham, Clay, Concord, Dalley (historical), East Hodge, Ebenzer, Eros, Evergreen, Gulf Crossing, Hebron, Hickory Springs (historical), Hilltop, Hodge, Jonesboro, Kelleys, Lakefield, Longstraw, Lyons, Mount Hebron, Mount Moriah, Mount Zion (historical), Nash (historical), North Hodge, Oak Ridge, Pleasant Hill, Punkin Center, Quitman, Rockfield, Saint Claire, Saint Rest, Siloam Springs, Spring Hill, Vern, Walker, Weston, Womack, Wood Junction, Wyatt, Zoar
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Series TitleFamily Maps
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.