All listings for this product
About this product
- Description278 pages with 68 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Miller County, Missouri, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 5745 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 38 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1820s5 1830s140 1840s690 1850s3477 1860s416 1870s376 1880s120 1890s291 1900s144 1910s86 What Cities and Towns are in Miller County, Missouri (and in this book)? Arrowhead, Arrowhead Beach, Atwell, Aurora Springs, Bagnell, Brays, Brumley, Capps, Eldon, Etterville, Faith, Hoecker, Iberia, Kaiser, Keethtown, Lake Ozark, Lakeland, Lakeside, Lakeview, Marys Home, Mount Pleasant, Olean, Pleasant Mount, Rocky Mount, Saint Anthony, Saint Elizabeth, Samtown, Spring Garden, Traderight, Tuscumbia, Ulman, Watkins, West Aurora
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.