Family Therapy: An Overview by Mark Stanton, Irene Goldenberg, Herbert Goldenberg (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $271.52+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $259.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely up-to-date, this engaging and practice-oriented text is your complete resource to help students master the many facets of family therapy. In this ninth edition, the authors provide practice-oriented content in a more concise format that will help students become empathic and effective family therapists. New material focuses on how students can practice systemic thinking and on how to develop core competencies in family therapy. There is also increased attention to LGBTQ families and alternative forms of family life, and to gender, culture, and ethnic considerations. Color-coded boxes highlight key aspects of family therapy, such as family diversity, evidence-based practice research, Thinking Like a Clinician student exercises, case studies, clinical tes, and therapeutic encounters. Examples illustrate family therapists from many professions, including social work, MFT, psychology, and counseling. Learning objectives focus students' attention on key concepts.
- Author BiographyMark Stanton is the Provost and Professor of Graduate Psychology at Azusa Pacific University (APU). He served APU previously as founding dean of Behavioral and Applied Sciences, chair of the Department of Graduate Psychology, and founding director of the APA-accredited Doctor of Psychology program. He was the 2011-2012 president of the American Board of Couple and Family Psychology, a constituent board of the American Board of Professional Psychology, and the 2005 president of the Society for Family Psychology of the American Psychological Association. He is a licensed psychologist in the state of California, board certified in couple and family psychology with the American Board of Professional Psychology. The Society for Family Psychology recognized him as the Family Psychologist of the Year in 2007. Stanton is the author of over 50 articles, books, and book chapters on aspects of couple and family therapy. He was the inaugural editor (2011-2014) of Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice, a peer-reviewed journal published by APA, and previously served as editor of The Family Psychologist (2002-2007). He is co-author of SPECIALTY COMPETENCIES IN COUPLE AND FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY (with Robert Welsh) and the co-editor of the HANDBOOK OF FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY (with James Bray, 2009). Herbert Goldenberg was Professor Emeritus of Psychology at California State University, Los Angeles, where he developed and taught classes in family therapy. Together with Irene Goldenberg he was awarded the 2007 American Family Therapy Academy lifetime achievement award for family therapy. He also held membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Family Therapy Academy, and the Family Therapy division of the American Psychological Association. He was also elected fellow in that APA division. The Goldenbergs co-authored another book published by Brooks/Cole, COUNSELING TODAY'S FAMILIES, Fourth Edition. Irene Goldenberg is Professor Emeritus of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute. She served as Associate Chairperson of that department and as Director of Psychological Services for many years, and continues to teach marriage and family therapy courses to psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers there. She currently supervises doctoral students and directs the family therapy program at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System. Together with Herbert Goldenberg, Dr. Goldenberg was awarded the 2007 American Family Therapy Academy lifetime achievement award for family therapy. She also holds membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Family Therapy Academy, and the Family Therapy division of the American Psychological Association. She has been elected fellow in that APA division. She is co-author of another book published by Brooks/Cole, COUNSELING TODAY'S FAMILIES, Fourth Edition.
- Author(s)Herbert Goldenberg,Irene Goldenberg,Mark Stanton
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width210 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.