All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamily Violence From a Global Perspective draws on the expertise of authors from 21 countries to tell the story of domestic violence in their country, and will include a personal case study of someone who has experienced domestic violence. The editors incorporate a strengths-based perspective, which includes individual, relationship, community, and societal strengths. The book blends academic, professional, and victims' expertise to determine these strengths and analyze how they can translate into greater safety for victims and increased accountability for perpetrators, including improved policy formation and research.
- Author BiographySylvia M. Asay, Ph.D., CFLE, is a Professor of Family Studies and Chair of the Family Studies and Interior Design Department at the University of Nebraska, Kearney. She received her Ph.D. in Community and Human Resources at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, in 1998 and received her Certified Family Life Educator credentials through the National Council on Family Relations. As a post-secondary educator, she has taught a wide range of courses including Marriage and Family Relationships, Cross-Cultural Family Patterns, Families in Crisis, and Family Resource Management. Her authored books include Strong Families Around the World: Strengths-Based Research and Practice (Haworth) and Family Resource Management (SAGE). John DeFrain, Ph.D., is an Extension Professor of Family and Community Development at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where he has been a teacher, international researcher, and outreach specialist for 34 years. He co-founded the Parent Aide Support Service, a program in Lincoln, Nebraska, which has served parents under severe stress for 25 years, and was a co-founder of the National and International Symposium on Building Family Strengths, which has cooperated in creating more than 30 family strengths conferences nationally and internationally since 1978. He has co-authored more than 60 professional articles and 24 books, including Secrets of Strong Families (Little, Brown); Marriages and Families: Intimacy, Diversity, and Strengths, 6th Edition (McGraw-Hill); and Strong Families Around the World: Strengths-Based Research and Practice (Haworth). Marcee Metzger is Executive Director of Voices of Hope, a not-for-profit organization in Lincoln, Nebraska, whose primary focus is the provision of crisis intervention, advocacy, and prevention services for domestic violence, sexual assault, and incest. Since 1976 she has worked in many roles toward ending violence against women, including crisis line staff, shelter worker, Spouse Abuse Services program director, University of Nebraska's Women's Resource Center director, and interpersonal violence victim advocate and president of Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition. She has served on numerous committees and created and provided training, education, and technical consultation to local, national, and international professionals responding to violence against women and children. Bob Moyer, MBA, has been executive director of the Family Violence Council (FVC) since its inception in 1996. FVC coordinates efforts in Lancaster County, Nebraska, to stop violence against women and children. It maintains a large database on abuse cases and provides annual reports to the community on domestic violence and sexual assault. Moyer has been the chairperson of the Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition's men's domestic violence standards review committee since its inception. This committee establishes standards in Nebraska for intervention programs for domestic violence offenders, reviews programs to determine if they meet standards, and recommends to courts which programs meet standards.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJohn D. DeFrain,Marcee L. Metzger,Robert T. Moyer,Sylvia M. Asay
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.