Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume takes a close look at the forms and functions of family and kinship in cultural narratives in the United States. It analyzes social and cultural contexts of kinship and family membership, relations of family and nation on a metaphorical level, and the political discourses that regulate sexuality and reproduction. Representations of family and kinship inform all aspects of American life, which is prominently ticeable in politics, legislation, art, and the media. Family discourses are employed to communicate and negotiate constellations of power and they can serve to investigate differences, struggles, alliances, strategic endeavors, and invative conceptualizations of kinship. The essays collected in this volume provide readings of texts across various genres that highlight the role of cultural production in reconfiguring paradigms of family and kinship in the US.
- Author BiographyKarolina Golimowska is currently based at Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin and works on cities and migration in American and British literature. She has held visiting research and teaching positions at the University of Richmond and New York University. Reinhard Isensee teaches at Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin and has held numerous research and teaching positions as guest professor in the United States and Europe. He has specialized in 20th century adolescent literature and the culture of digital media. David Rose works on the intersections of violence and community in American fiction. Currently a PhD candidate at Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin, he previously was a visiting research fellow at Brown University in Rhode Island.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication05/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight490 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byDavid Rose,Karolina Golimowska,Reinhard Isensee
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.