All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis insightful book explores the role of both the family and the state in shaping the living conditions of the young and old in Europe. It provides a comparative theoretical and empirical analysis of age-related policies and welfare arrangements in Germany, France, Italy and Sweden. By combining institutional data on changes in public policies with longitudinal micro-data on living arrangements and informal support patterns in families, the authors are able to demonstrate the huge diversity in the organization of intergenerational relations and the changes that have occurred since the early 1990s. Age-specific differences in attitudes towards current social policy issues are also explored. The key finding is that intergenerational bonds of solidarity remain robust, meaning predictions of a potential conflict between the generations are vastly exaggerated. Providing up-to-date information on the perception of public policies and generational conflicts in different welfare states, this book is a must read for researchers in the field of comparative social policy and intergenerational relations. It will also benefit academics in sociology and political science, as well as policy-makers and consultants.
- Author BiographyAgnes Blome, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB) and Berlin Graduate School of Social Studies, Germany, Wolfgang Keck, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), Germany and Jens Alber, formerly Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB) and Free University of Berlin, Germany
- Author(s)Agnes Blome,Jens Alber,Wolfgang Keck
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.