Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionBasil Gogos changed the face of classic horror with his film monster portrait art. Like a bizarro-world Norman Rockwell, he created magazine covers of Frankenstein, the Creature from the Black Lagoon. the Phantom of the Opera, and countless others in horrifying yet dazzling images throughout the 1960s and '70s. His intense colour and bold, impressionistic brushwork gave a unique sense of drama and sophistication to these iconic characters. Today, collectors fight over his original art-but, with this book, every fan can own glowing full-colour reproductions of his most famous work as well as many previously unpublished paintings and drawings.
- Author BiographyKerry Gammill, an artist who specializes in Hollywood monster design, is the author of the perennial favourite Drawing Monsters and Heroes for Film and Comics J. David Spurlock, an illustrator and editor, has taught at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
- Author(s)J. David Spurlock,Kerry Gammill
- PublisherVanguard Productions
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVanguard Productions
- Out-of-print date16/08/2013
- Content Note80 b&w and 100 colour illustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Introduction byRob Zombie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.