Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionFANMAIL is a unique and invative poetic commentary and tribute to many of the superheroes we have grown up with and admire. Fans young and old will relate to the gritty yet truthful comments in a simple rhyme format. The book comes in three media forms, print, DVD and e-motion for PC's, Macs, iPhones, iPad's and other smart phones. Contact us for you free electronic copy of FANMAIL with each qualified book purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us a www.fanmailpoetry.com. It has always been his intention that a portion of the proceeds from each purchase be donated to the Detroit Public Schools Reading Corps initially and other accredited literacy programs around the country as the project grows. A native of Detroit, Vincent believes that developing and nurturing an interest in reading and writing at a young age is the key to continued literacy and academic development.
- Author BiographyIn 2004, the author Vincent came across an article in USAToday entitled, Pay closer attention: Boys are struggling academically. As an avid reader and writer from a young age, the details of the story really disturbed Vincent as he assessed that the core of the academic problem stemmed from an early on lack of interest in reading and writing. Slightly angered he wondered what could be done about it. Soon after, while watching Spiderman 2 with his young son, Vincent became inspired to write a poem about Spiderman entitled, To Be the Hero. While writing he contemplated how poetry could perhaps encourage an interest in reading as well as writing and that poetry about comic book characters could be viewed as cool and attention grabbing for young boys and girls. The idea for FANMAIL was born! Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, Vincent has always been a lover of books, writing and reading. At the age of six, his enthusiasm for reading was rewarded when he was removed from one of his regular first grade classes and placed in a unique program called Junior Great Books. In this venue, reading and vocabulary skills were honed as well as exposure to other great literature. A poet, author and screenwriter Vincent unveils another unique and innovative work with FANAMAIL, a literary poetic commentary on many of the superheroes we have grown up with.
- Author(s)Vincent H Ivory
- PublisherWord Art Studios & Publishing
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWord Art Studios & Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.