All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFan and Education: Thinking Through Pedagogical Possibilities challenges conventional education to go beyond the formal procedures of schooling to engage in the making of multiple meanings of our world. Understanding education requires a holistic approach that extends beyond contemporary classrooms. Education must also be inclusive, addressing questions of difference, diversity, and power, as conceptualized through the lens of class, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion, language, and indigeneity. These issues are thought of in the context of Fan's oeuvre, to articulate a social theory and progressive educational politics that can help us understand difference as political, as well as, dominant schooling, as a form of internalized oppression, that works differently on myriad bodies. Fan and Education will have a broad appeal to readers who want to engage Fan's ideas in the schooling and educational politics of change and transformation. It should be read by all students, teachers, educational practitioners, community activists and researchers. This book will have a particular appeal for educators in teacher training colleges, as well as for graduate instruction in university departments of education, social work, and sociology.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: George J. Sefa Dei is Professor and Past Chair of the Sociology and Equity Studies Department of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. Marlon Simmons is a Ph.D. candidate in the Sociology and Equity Studies Department of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number368
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGeorge J. Sefa Dei,Marlon Simmons
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.