Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe final book of Haggard's collected fantastic stories H. Rider Haggard's ability to give his audience a good tale well told is t in question. He was one of the most popular authors of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and some of his vels are well kwn-at least by title-to almost everyone. His story of Ayesha-'she who must be obeyed'- has been filmed and in its day was one of the best selling vels ever. King Solomon's Mines, introduced the public to the little, wiry, white hunter Allan Quatermain. It too became instantly popular and the character went on to feature in a host of different adventures on the dark continent as well as on the silver screen several times. Leonaur have gathered together several Haggard collections for modern readers to enjoy. There is, of course, the two volume Ayesha quartet, but also the Quatermain series, the African Adventures series, the Historical Adventure series and the series of adventures set in the Ancient World. Irrespective of his central theme Haggard was never one to shy away from elements of the supernatural or fantastical, witches, ghosts, familiar spirits, god gorillas and the like appear unquestioned in even the most realistic of his stories. So it is less than surprising that Haggard also produced a body of work that positions itself uncompromisingly in the realms of the incredible. This special four volume collection from Leonaur gathers together those stories-each book featuring one vel and one or more shorter works-in a satisfying four volume set for his many aficionados to collect and relish. Available in soft cover and hard back with dust jacket. The final volume of this special collection, includes Love Eternal, a romance of two children who have an affinity with each other that goes far beyond earthly love-they are true soul mates able to commune in spirit. Later their parents oppose their marriage and they must live apart but always connected until every impediment to their union has vanished and they can be together in the physical world. The shorter work that accompanies it here is, Barbara Who Came Back, a fabulous and inspirational tale of love that survives the grave and reincarnation in which the author provides an interesting and reassuring vision of what he considers to be the afterlife.
- Author(s)Sir H Rider Haggard
- PublisherLeonaur Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeonaur Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.