Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionFantasy Film proposes an invative approach to the study of this most popular cinematic genre. Engaging with the diversity of tones, forms and styles that fantasy can take in the cinema, the book examines the value and significance of fantasy across a wide range of key films. This volume extends critical understanding beyond the often narrowly defined boundaries of what is seen as fantasy . Fantasy Film uses key concepts in film studies - such as authorship, representation, history,genre, coherence and point of view - to interrogate the fantasy genre and establish its parameters. A wide range of films are held up to close scrutiny to illustrate the discussion. Moving from Alfred Hitchcock's dark thrillers to Vincente Minnelli's vibrant musicals, from George Melies' 1904 Voyage a travers l'impossible to the X-Men series, the creative dexterity and excitement of film fantasy is evoked and explored. The book will be invaluable to students and fans of the fantasy genre.
- Author BiographyJames Walters is Lecturer in Film and Television Studies at the University of Birmingham and author of Alternative Worlds in Hollywood Cinema and co-editor of Film Moments: Criticism, History, Theory.
- Author(s)James Walters
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleFilm Genres
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content NoteNo illustrations
- Weight393 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.