All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMolora - In this reworking of Aeschylus' Oresteia, Klytemnestra and Elektra face one ather in a dramatic confrontation. Attempts to come to terms with their violent past echo testimonies delivered in Apartheid's wake throughout South Africa during the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.; RAM: The Abduction of Sita into Darkness - Farber's potent revisioning of this age-old text is a raw and probing contemporary work which places the loss of the Feminine Divine, and thus our lack of spiritual and moral equilibrium, at its visceral core. This is a Ramayana for a new world.; Mies Julie - Transposed to a post-apartheid kitchen - a single night, both brutal and tender, unfolds between a black farm-labourer, the daughter of his master and the woman who has raised them both. The visceral struggles of contemporary South Africa are laid bare, as John and Mies Julie spiral in a deadly battle over power, sexuality, mothers and memory.
- Author BiographyYael Farber is a multiple award-winning director and playwrightof international acclaim. Her productions have toured extensivelyacross the major cities of Europe, Asia, Africa, North America andAustralia - earning her a reputation for hard-hitting, controversialworks of the highest artistic standard. Farber's production of ArthurMiller's The Crucible opened at The Old Vic in July 2014 to universalcritical acclaim.
- Author(s)Yael Farber
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.