Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionA warm day on Central Avenue, and Philip Marlowe's hunch about the man beside him is as vague as the heat waves that dance above the sidewalk. The way business is looking, even a hunch is eugh. Moose Malloy stands six five and one-half and weighs two hundred and sixty-four pounds, without his necktie. After eight years in the pen, he wants little Velma back, and cops or mobsters are ready to stand in his way. Marlowe's tough eugh for the ride, but he can't help thinking there's never been a happy ending to the story of beauty and the beast ...
- Author BiographyBest-known as the creator of the original private eye, Philip Marlowe, Raymond Chandler was born in Chicago in 1888 and died in 1959. Many of his books have been adapted for the screen, and he is widely regarded as one of the very greatest writers of detective fiction.
- Author(s)Raymond Chandler
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/1988
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/11/2010
- Weight169 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byColin Dexter
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.