Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionMiss Read must face the future in ather delightful slice of village life...Now that Fairacre school longer faces the threat of closure, Miss Read is looking forward to a few more years of teaching before retirement. But the best-laid plans often go awry. Unexpectedly, her health begins to fail and she faces some tough decisions about her future. Meanwhile, rumours abound about Miss Read's old friend Mr Mawne, w a widower; a handsome newcomer to the village takes a shine to the stalwart headmistress; Miss Read keeps a watchful eye on the courtship of a friend; and village life goes on.
- Author BiographyMiss Read, or in real life Dora Saint, was a teacher by profession who started writing after the second world war, beginning with light essays written for Punch and other journals. She then wrote on educational and country matters and worked as a scriptwriter for the BBC. Miss Read was married to a schoolmaster for sixty-four years until his death in 2004, and they had one daughter. Miss Read was awarded an MBE in the 1998 New Year Honours list for her services to literature, She was the author of many immensely popular books, including two autobiographical works, but it was her novels of English rural life for which she was best known. The first of these Village School, was published in 1955, and Miss Read continued to write about the fictional villages of Fairacre and Thrush Green for many years. She lived near Newbury in Berkshire until her death in 2012.
- Author(s)Miss Read
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFairacre
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight242 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.