All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 2006, Jo Walton's Farthing was hailed as a masterpiece, a darkly romantic thriller set in an alternate postwar England sliding into fascism.Eight years after they overthrew Churchill and led Britain into a separate peace with Hitler, the upper-crust families of the Farthing set are gathered for a weekend retreat. Among them is estranged Farthing scion Lucy Kahn, who can't understand why her and her husband David's presence was so forcefully requested. Then the country-house idyll is interrupted when the eminent Sir James Thirkie is found murdered with a yellow Star of David pinned to his chest.Lucy begins to realize that her Jewish husband is about to be framed for the crime an outcome that would be convenient for altogether too many of the various political machinations underway in Parliament in the coming week. But whoever's behind the murder, and the frame-up, didn't reckon on the principal investigator from Scotland Yard being a man with very private reasons for sympathizing with outcasts and underdogs and prone to look beyond the obvious as a result.As the trap slowly shuts on Lucy and David, they begin to see a way out a way fraught with peril in a darkening world.
- Author BiographyJO WALTON won the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer on the publication of her debut novel, The King's Peace. Her novel Tooth and Claw won the World Fantasy Award, and the novels of her Small Change sequence Farthing, Ha'Penny, and Half a Crown have won acclaim ranging from national newspapers to the Romantic Times Critics' Choice Award. Most recently, her novel Among Others won the Nebula Award. A native of Wales, she lives in Montreal.
- Author(s)Jo Walton
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSmall Change
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPatrick Nielsen Hayden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.