All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA historical sourcebook Combining the works of the classic nineteenth-century illustrators Auguste Racinet and Friedrich Hottenroth with an authoritative modern text, this book is a study of the rich vocabulary of style through the ages. Subjects are presented first by chrology and then by subject, so that illustrators, historians and students alike can choose to follow the development of fashion through the centuries, or study individual styles, items and accessories. *A comprehensive visual study of the rich vocabulary of clothing and style through the ages, Fashion Details is an essential resource for costume designers, historians, actors, directors - anyone with an interest in fashion. *This invaluable sourcebook includes authoritative narrative from leading experts in the history of costume, contemporary quotes that reveal the impact of styles in their day, detailed antation and an extensive glossary. *From the Ancient World through to nineteenth century Europe, by way of Asia, Africa, Oceania and the Americas, this journey through historical costume is elegantly illustrated with images drawn from a variety of sources.
- Author BiographyMelissa Leventon (California, USA) is a freelance consultant curator, and was Chief Curator of Textiles at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco until 2002. She teaches Fashion History at the California College of Art, and has published books including Art Wear: Fashion and Anti-Fashion for Thames & Hudson.
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Width196 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMelissa Leventon
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.