All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art form of fashion illustration goes back to the beginning of the 20th century and today's exponents are still benefiting from some of the styles, shapes and colours of fashion illustrators from decades ago. Whether they work with traditional pencils, crayons and watercolours or with a digital pen, fashion illustrators today will find inspiration from these stunning images. This volume collates the best fashion illustration that were captured in the pages of the iconic Harper's Bazaar magazine from 1930 to 1970. The publication has been at the forefront of fashion since the 19th century and it is surprise that it published the best work in this art form. From the mannered shapes of Leon Benigni of the 1930s to the looser outlines of the late 1960s, the book is a beautiful resource for all illustrators.
- Author BiographyMarnie Fogg is a media consultant on all aspects of the fashion industry. She lectured in Visual Studies and the Culture of Fashion at the University of Nottingham, and has a Master's Degree in Art and Design Advanced Practice and Theory. She is the author of Boutique: A 60s Cultural Phenomenon, published by Mitchell Beazley, and Print in Fashion, published by Batsford (ISBN 9780713490121). She lives in Duffield, Derbyshire.
- Author(s)Marnie Fogg
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note250
- Weight936 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.