All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive source book sets out over 1750 working drawings of garments, accessories and their details, which can be used for reference while designing. Each drawing, which may be a historical, classical, ethnic or inspirational example, is correctly named and fully described in the extensive glossary, thus providing the visual information that is lacking from fashion dictionaries. In addition, a range of useful fashion poses is provided for women, men and children (from birth to teenage) with instructions on how these may be developed by readers and used as templates for their own illustrations. All the illustrations are copyright-free, enabling readers to use and adapt as they wish. All the illustrations have been redrawn traditionally then subjected to contemporary computer graphics techniques with a view to clearly communicating shape and detail. As much 'fabric representation' as possible has been illustrated, on relevant garments, to give an authentic feel and a variety of complex patterns, prints and textures employed using computer graphics tools.
- Author BiographyKathryn McKelvey is a Reader in the School of Design at Northumbria University, in Newcastle, and the co-author, with Janine Munslow of Fashion Design and Illustrating Fashion.
- Author(s)Kathryn McKelvey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width191 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.