Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $226.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential book provides the first comprehensive overview of the symbiotic relationship that exists between fashion and textiles. Because textiles represent a central ingredient of fashion (as with denim jeans, for example), their interrelationship should be an obvious theme for study, yet historically the two subjects are often considered separately. Gale and Kaur analyze fashion and textile's cultural, industrial and social relationships, as well as examining how the two fields compete with and influence one ather. Taking as their starting point the nature of the relationship between fashion and textiles, Gale and Kaur then identify and discuss key arenas of commercial and cultural interaction, including raw materials, business, consumers, and future techlogy. Their examples are drawn from the experiences and opinions of industry professionals - designers, retailers, and manufacturers. Gale and Kaur look at how the raw materials from which clothing is made are heavily influenced by fashion trends on national and global levels. Why do we choose the fabrics we do, and how do our choices affect both industries? The story is very much a human one. Each garment has an intriguing history before a consumer even tries it on. Gale and Kaur unpick this history and examine how retail need and consumer demand impact upon the end product. The result is an exciting new book that begins at the level of supply and demand, and moves forward to consider issues about design, techlogy, globalization and broader fashion trends. Highlighting cultural differences and similarities between the two industry sectors, Fashion and Textiles offers varied professional perspectives, information about key roles and jobs, and practical considerations relating to ecomics, design, manufacture and retail. A key text for a wide range of courses on fashion and textiles, it is vital reading for anyone hoping to pursue a career in either field.
- Author BiographyColin Gale is Head of the School of Fashion and Textiles and Course Director of the MA Textile, Fashion and Surface Design course, University of Central England, Birmingham. Jasbir Kaur is Lecturer in Textiles, Fashion and Three Dimensional Design, Institute of Art and Design, University of Central England, Birmingham.
- Author(s)Colin Gale,Jasbir Kaur
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight629 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.