All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn Fashion by ChanceItalian fashion designer Cleonice Capece provides a vivid and richly documented account of how creativity, entrepreneurial courage and institutional support played a key role in the success of 'Made in Italy'. Capece offers the testimony of someone directly involved in the fashion world, working during the key years of Italian fashion, between 1960 and 1974. Her designs were sold in more than thirty countries - around Europe, The United States, Canada, Leban, Singapore, and Japan - by boutiques and department stores such as Harrods and Fortnum & Mason in London; B. Altman, Bergdorf Goodman, I. Magnin, Lord & Taylor, and Saks in New York; Holt Renfrew on Montreal; and Isetan and Matsuya in Tokyo. Her collections were shown twice a year in Florence at Palazzo Pitti, Paris, London, Dusseldorf, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. In addition to an engrossing story told by a designer involved in creating the 'Made in Italy' brand, the book features an extraordinarily rich icographic documentation of the designer's activity - mostly published here for the first time - including fashion shoots, press clippings, personal archive material, and drawings.
- Author BiographyCleonice Capece lives and works in London, where she moved in 1974 to open her showroom at 28, Conduit St. Her collections and production were all Made in Italy . She has also designed and collaborated with many English companies, including Burberry, Daks, Maxwell Cooper, Woolea and others. She currently works as fashion consultant for Italian and British manufacturers. She has received six awards including Venice 'Grand Prix Haute Couture' 1970-71 and 'Schubert Award for Fashion' 1972. Her collections have been photographed by magazines such as Vogue and Linea Italiana and magazines and newspapers all over the world.
- Author(s)Cleonice Capece
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Editions
- Content Note120 colour, 186 b & w
- Weight1025 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.