All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis title deals with a popular topic for the general public, as well as scholarly driven for academics. It features a global range of scholars. The book also features new and up-and-coming writers as well as established academics. It offers interdisciplinary approaches to fashion and popular culture that will appeal to a larger readership. When we open our closet doors each morning, we seldom consider what our sartorial choices say, yet, how we dress divulges more than whether we crave comfort or couture; our clothing communicates who we are and how we relate to our culture. But how does a Balenciaga bag or a tough leather jacket topped by liberty spikes signify these things? Fashion in Popular Culture considers this question. Combining fashion theory with approaches from literature, art, advertising, music, media studies, material studies, and sociology, contributors from across Europe, Australia, and the United States consider the function of fashion within popular culture. Fashion has the capacity to both influence and be influenced by popular culture, and its meaning is also contingent upon context. For students and scholars of fashion and popular culture - or anyone fascinated by what clothing can convey - Fashion in Popular Culture offers an engaging, interdisciplinary analysis.
- Author BiographyJoseph Hancock, II is associate professor in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design at Drexel University. He is the editor of the journal Fashion, Style and Popular Culture, also published by Intellect. Toni Johnson-Woods is a senior lecturer in the School of English, Media Studies, and Art History at the University of Queensland, Australia. Vicki Karaminas is associate professor of fashion studies and associate head of the School of Design at the University of Technology, Sydney, in Australia.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoseph Hancock,Toni Johnson-Woods,Vicki Karaminas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.