All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFashion is in the details. The textiles, tailoring, and trimmings all work together in the creation of the finest pieces. Drawing on the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's internationally kwn fashion collection, this gorgeous book tells the story-in words and beautiful pictures-of fashion's aesthetic and technical development from the Age of Enlightenment to World War I, a period when fashionable dress underwent sweeping changes. Many remarkable examples of men's, women's, and children's garments are featured here for the first time, including an extraordinarily rare 1790s man's vest designed to promote sympathy with the French Revolution; a stunning 1845 black satin gown from the royal court of Portugal heavily embroidered with gold; and an 1891 evening mantle with silk embroidery, glass beads, and ostrich feathers designed by French couturier Aemile Pingat. An invaluable resource for anyone interested in the evolution of fashion, this generously illustrated book provides a rich visual history of the changes that occurred in fashionable dress spanning a period of more than two hundred years.
- Author BiographySHARON SADAKO TAKEDA is the Senior Curator and Head, Costume and Textiles Department, Los Angeles County Museum of Art. KAYE DURLAND SPILKER is Curator, Costume and Textiles Department, Los Angeles County Museum of Art. JOHN GALLIANO, one of the most influential fashion designers of our time, is the chief designer of the haute couture house Christian Dior. KIMBERLY CHRISMAN-CAMPBELL is a fashion-research scholar who writes and reviews books and exhibitions for Dress, Costume, and Woman's Art Journal.
- Author(s)John Galliano,Kaye Durland Spilker,Sharon Sadako Takeda
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note200
- Weight1973 g
- Width250 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.