All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe newest volume in the Art Institute of Chicago's successful A+D series, Fashioning the Object invites readers to visit three of the most visionary design studios at work today: Bless, Boudicca, and Sandra Backlund. Fiercely independent and far-reaching in their influences, these young designers from Berlin, London, Paris, and Stockholm are producing fashion objects that straddle the line between traditional craft and cutting-edge technique, both in their use of materials and in the promotion of their brands. Zoe Ryan establishes the context for understanding the exciting departures these design houses represent, as the young creators draw inspiration from an array of other disciplines, including architecture, performance, film, and fine art. From Bless's numbered editions, to Boudicca's graffiti-can perfume, to Backlund's ready-to-wear pieces of knitted copper, these designers adapt storied objects to new uses and break old conventions, promulgating their ideas in playful, groundbreaking ways.
- Author BiographyZoe Ryan is the Art Institute of Chicago's Chair and John H. Bryan Curator of Architecture and Design. Her previous books include Bertrand Goldberg: Architecture of Invention; Hyperlinks; Graphic Thought Facility; and Konstantin Grcic (all Yale).
- Author(s)Zoe Ryan
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleA+D Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width134 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.