All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis portable guide to radiology nursing provides comprehensive information about this emerging specialty in a concise format designed for speedy information retrieval. Written for both practicing nurses and new orientees, it outlines general procedures and protocols, along with requisite information for patient care in specialized areas of radiology. It discusses care for all patient populations including morbidly obese, pediatric, geriatric, and oncology and addresses vascular access, infection control, teamwork, and sterile technique in the radiology setting. The book encompasses over 50 different IR procedures, and also describes emergency situations in radiology and how to respond to them. With an emphasis on inter-professional care, the book demystifies complex procedures and includes clinical pearls from seasoned experts in radiology nursing. The book's Fast Facts format features consistently organized chapters, bulleted information at a glance, an introduction, objectives, and summary in each chapter, and case studies to reinforce radiological interventions. The guide will be a welcome addition to the arsenal of radiology, emergency, and clinical care nurses as well as new orientees. Not for sale in the UK and Ireland.
- Author BiographyValerie Aarne Grossman, MALS, BSN, is Nurse Manager of Medical Imaging at Highland Hospital, an affiliate of the University of Rochester Medical Center, USA. She has more than three decades of diverse nursing experience including direct patient care, hospital leadership, and professional service. Ms. Grossman co-authored the 5 Tier Triage Protocol book and authored the Quick Reference to Triage book. She has published and contributed to numerous journal articles, and is currently serving on the Board of The Journal of Radiology Nursing for which she is also Column Editor for Hot Topics. Her article for this column, 'Get Them In, Get Them Out, and Keep Them Happy and Safe While You Do It' was ranked within the top 10 Editorial page views for 2011 for this journal. She is on the Editorial Board of the Emergency Department Compliance Manual, 2014 Edition, and is a manuscript reviewer for a number of international publishers.
- Author(s)Valerie Aarne Grossman
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleFast Facts Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.