All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionSurveys by the Ecomist and many others show that the top of mind issue for most CEO and managers has shifted from cost reduction to revenue growth. As the world ecomy shifts from one of contraction to expansion, companies kw that revenue growth is strictly dependent on their invation process. For the majority of companies, more than 25 per cent of this year's revenue are for products and services that did t exist 3 years ago. Moreover, the life-cycle of offerings is growing ever shorter. Sixty percent of companies report that their growth is hampered because the lead time of their invation process takes too long and costs too much. Companies understand the causes of long lead time and high cost in manufacturing, and its remedy using the Lean methodology. However, the causes of long lead time and high cost in invation are t understood, r is their remedy.This book, for the first time, explains the causes of long lead time and ineffective invation, and provides a proven solution. Conquering the Growth Challenge explains why it takes so long for invations to reach the market and why they so often fail; and provides solutions for how to reduce time - to market and increase the success rate. It provides the complete foundation for reducing time-to-market of successful invative offerings, applicable to any business, and is the first to provide quantitative links such that a thoughtful CEO or manager who implements the Fast Invation process featured in this book can launch a new invation, confident that it will meet its required delivery date.The solutions discussed in this book have already been applied in varying degrees by firms such as GE, 3M, Toyota and Microsoft. In short, what you'll get in this book is an answer to the challenge every company faces: how can we increase differentiation and competitive advantage while shortening time-to-market? At first glance, that sounds like an impossible goal because increased differentiation was historically accompanied by increased organisational and offering complexity - which often served to clog development pipelines. George provides the necessary implementation infrastructure and tools to achieve: significantly faster and controllable time-to-market; a highly differentiated product, service or experience; low cost of complexity and low cost operations; and, fast operational lead times.
- Author BiographyMichael L. George is an executive advisor and a leading expert at helping Fortune 500 companies connect strategy to execution. He is author of the bestselling Lean Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma for Service, and co-author of Conquering Complexity in Your Business. Mike is Chairman and CEO of George Group. James Works advises senior executive teams in the areas of innovation, business strategy, operations improvement and organizational change. He is President and Chief Operating Officer of George Group. Kimberly Watson-Hemphill has built a reputation over the last 12 years as a leading expert in the field of innovation and design across many different product, service and business model applications.
- Author(s)Clayton M. Christensen,James Works,Kimberly Watson-Hemphill,Michael L. George
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleManagement & Leadership
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight637 g
- Width231 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.