Fast Track to Waste-free Manufacturing: Straight Talk from a Plant Manager by John W. Davis (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionManufacturing in the United States is currently undergoing a major transition, yet large numbers of manufacturers simply do t recognize what it is all about. Many still operate under out dated manufacturing practices and do t see that the enemy is t the competition, but rather their own system of production. Batch, or mass manufacturing is still the preferred system of production for most U.S.-based industry. But to survive, let alone become globally competitive, companies will have to put aside their old mass manufacturing paradigms and completely change their entire production system. WFM will give you step-by-step directions to making rapid, lasting changes. Davis has created 4 new drivers of WFM and has linked them so you kw what order to do them in and when it is time to move to the next driver. He covers nearly every aspect of the lean revolution and provides essential tools and techniques you will need to implement WFM. He also addresses the critical management issues that will arise in any plant that is striving to be world class. Drawing from more than 30 years of manufacturing experience, John Davis gives you tools and techniques for eliminating anything that cant be clearly established as value added. WFM is t a theory. It is a proven process, and one the author has successfully implemented. He shares with you from his own experiences in guiding manufacturers through this process. Davis fully details the journey of a factory that moved from mass to waste-free manufacturing in a matter of 24 months. This factory was nationally recognized by wall street analysts as an effective manufacturing model. You get to sit in on their meetings and learn from their triumphs and failures. So hold on to your hat, because you are about to learn how to do what most in the field of world class manufacturing tell you isn't possible: to rapidly deploy WFM and change the system of production. Filled with checklists, an ongoing case study and, most important, strategies that will work, Fast Track to Waste-Free Manufacturing: Straight Talk from a Plant Manager will provide you with the principles and methodology for WFM and a road map for its implementation. All you need is the will, the focus, and a sense of urgency about the future of U.S. manufacturing. If you are a plant manager, foreman, supervisor, or executive who wants to quickly transform your factory into a world class manufacturer, Mr. Davis' WFM methodology is must reading. A 296 minute abridged version of this book is also available on four compact discs or audio cassettes from Productivity Press.
- Author(s)John W. Davis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/1999
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note15figs.
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.