All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do athletes and rocket scientists have in common? It takes a lot of talent, skill, and hard work to become a world-class athlete. But it takes even more to make a sport better: it takes smarts! And whether invators are aware of it or t, it takes an understanding of physics, mechanics, and aerodynamics to come up with better techniques and equipment. From swimming, soccer, and basketball to skateboarding and wheelchair sports, Faster, Higher, Smarter looks at the hard science behind many inventions and improvements in sports. Readers will find out how the introduction of the aluminum bat changed baseball; how a slapshot works, and what's involved in bending a ball like Beckham. It also covers the history of such milestones as the introduction of diversity, disabled athletes, and women in sport. Entertaining, informative, and highly visual, this book is the perfect way to introduce scientific concepts to kids who love sports.
- Author BiographySimon Shapiro has co-written five books for Annick Press, including Better Together and Slither, Slide, What's Outside? This is his first book of non-fiction for older readers. Simon lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Simon Shapiro
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content NoteColor photos and illustrations throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.