All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSevere sepsis, a critical illness that most often afflicts victims of initially n-fatal illnesses or injuries, is the third-most common killer in the United States. In Fatal Sequence , neurosurgeon, immulogist, and clinical investigator, Kevin J. Tracey offers a chronicle, both scientific and human, using cases he personally experienced to illustrate the clinical nightmare of organ failure that typifies the disease. In clear, accessible language, Tracey explains how the brain, which rmally restrains the immune system and protects the patient, can fail during severe sepsis - allowing the immune system to indiscriminately kill rmal cells along with foreign microbes. Fatal Sequence is a compelling documentation of an all-too-common situation: doctors fighting to prevent patients' deaths at the hands of complications from injuries and illnesses that should never be fatal in the first place.
- Author BiographyKevin J. Tracey, MD, is chief executive officer of the Feinstein Institute at North Shore-LIJ Health System in Manhasset, New York. He is a leader in inflammation research and the study of the way the immune system responds to infection and injury.
- Author(s)Kevin J. Tracey
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight334 g
- Width180 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.