Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- Description'I am silenced by the vast difference between God's Fatherhood and my own ...' - Walter Wangerin, Junior Pastor, author, and father. Walter Wangerin Junior, along with his adopted son, Matthew, tells the story of their own lifelong relationship and how they survived times when brokenness and bitterness seemed inevitable. It is the story of Matthew's desperate search for independence and his father's own search for authentic fatherhood. Together, father and son have written a book that must be experienced as well as read. It's a book parents will want to bring their lives to, t just their attention. Father and Son is the story of all of us, for we are all wayward children in need of a loving, patient father.
- Author BiographyMatthew Wangerin played both high school and college basketball, serving as team captain at both levels. He enjoys public speaking and has dedicated himself to encouraging others to avoid life's pitfalls. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia, where he manages a restaurant. Father and Son is his first book. Walter Wangerine Jr. is widely recognized as one of the most gifted writers writing today on the issues of faith and spirituality. Starting with the renowned Book of the Dun Cow, Wangerin's writing career has encompassed most every genre: fiction, essay, short story, children's story, meditation, and biblical exposition. His writing voice is immediately recognizable, and his fans number in the hundreds of thousands. The author of over forty books, Wangerin has won the National Book Award, New York Times Best Children's Book of the Year Award, and several Gold Medallions, including best-fiction awards for both The Book of God and Paul: A Novel. He lives in Valparaiso, Indiana, where he is writer-in-residence at Valparaiso University and holds the Jochum Chair. Walter Wangerin Jr. es reconocido como uno del mejor escritor sobre las aplicaciones la fe y la espiritualidad. Su libros incluyen The Book of God [El libro de Dios], Reliving the Pasion [Recuerdo de la Pasion], Peter's First Easter [El Primer Domigo de Resureccionde Pedro], Mourning into Dancing [Como Cambiar el Lamento en Baile], The Manger is Empty [El Pesebre Vacio] y Little Lamb, Who Made Thee? ['Quien te hizo, Corderito?]. Wangerin vive en Valparaiso, Indiana, ocupa la catedra Jochum en la Universidad de Valparaiso, donde es escritor residente.
- Author(s)Matthew Wangerin,Walter Wangerin
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight263 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.