Father for Life: A Journey of Joy, Challenge, and Change by Armin A. Brott (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential guide for every dad by the bestselling author of Expectant Father and The New Father series, Father for Life is the first book to look at the phases of fatherhood from the conception of a child through the grandfather years. In this ground-breaking book, Armin Brott presents the stages of fatherhood with the same thoroughness, accessibility, and humor that have made his critically acclaimed New Father series of books the most popular fatherhood guides in the country. He offers a wealth of information and practical tips, incorporating the wisdom of experts, studies about parental development, and his own extensive interviews with hundreds of fathers. Because fatherhood is a progression, the chapters are organized chrologically and describe a father's physical and emotional growth, how he influences a child at every age, and how a child impacts a father's evolution in turn. Brott covers everything from such general issues as how to juggle work and family roles, how to affect the kind of person your child becomes, and when to encourage his individuality and independence to such specific topics as how to get to kw your baby, what to do if your teen uses drugs, and how to cope when adult children return home. Illustrated throughout with New Yorker style cartoons that underscore the universality of the joys and woes of parenting, Father for Life is brimming with insights and advice, and is an indispensable, lifelong guide--t only for every dad, but for every mom and child as well.
- Author BiographyArmin A. Brott has devoted the last 15 years to providing men with the tools, support, and knowledge to help them become the fathers they want to be--and their families need them to be. His seven critically acclaimed books for fathers have sold well over a million copies. Titles include The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be and The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year. He has written on fatherhood for hundreds of newspapers and magazines and is a frequent guest on such television programs as the Today Show. He also writes a nationally syndicated newspaper column (Ask Mr. Dad), and hosts a syndicated radio show (Positive Parenting). He lives with his family in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Armin A. Brott
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note35 ill.
- Weight651 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.