All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo your child has Asperger Syndrome (AS)? You might have ticed that some of his behavior is a bit different to most kids, that he becomes stressed when faced with change, and he doesn't cope well with criticism or failure. This book offers a fun and accessible introduction for the father or carer of a child diagsed with AS. Intended as a support tool in the initial period after diagsis, Fathering Your Special Child is varied and engaging, and addresses questions or concerns that Dad might have, such as 'What are the characteristics of AS?', 'How did my child get AS?,' and 'What happens w?'. Also included are poems, stories, illustrations, and activities to help Dad come to terms with and move forward from a diagsis of AS, and work together with the family to support the child. Fathering Your Special Child will be essential reading for fathers and carers of children in the initial period after a diagsis of AS.
- Author BiographyJosie Santomauro is a full-time writer living in Brisbane, Australia. Her son, Damian, was diagnosed with AS at the age of five. She has written numerous fiction books for children and young adults, and several books on AS. She regularly gives seminars and talks on AS.
- Author(s)Josie Santomauro
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note20 line drawings
- Weight127 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Carla Marino
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.