All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionIvan Turgenev's <b>Fathers and Sons</b> explores generational differences and their tragic consequences. The story centers around Arkady and Bazarov, two young men who return home from college to a world that has remained static. They have changed but must w redefine old relationships, both their friendship with one ather and their relationships with their fathers. The main conflict of the vel is between the nihilistic Bazarov, who espouses a strictly materialistic attitude toward life, and Pavel Petrovich Kirsav, an uncle of Arkady's, who upholds the aristocratic tradition in the face of Bazarov's ridicule. <i>Fathers and Sons</i> originally aroused controversy in Russia, with both radicals and conservatives disturbed by the portrait of Bazarov - an energetic, cynical, and self-assured nihilist who repudiates the romanticism of his elders.
- Author BiographyIvan Sergeyevich Turgenev (1818 - 1883) was a Russian novelist, short story writer, and playwright. His novel Fathers and Sons (1862) is regarded as one of the major works of 19th-century fiction.
- Author(s)Ivan Turgenev
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.