All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from the pages of Modern Fiction Studies-with its distinguished tradition of publishing scholarship on William Faulkner-this landmark volume collects nineteen seminal essays that focus on Faulkner's most popular fiction, reflecting the enduring relevance of his can. The essays are grouped thematically into four categories-Myth and Religion; Temporality, History, and Trauma; Gender and Race: Affect, the Body, and Identity; and Modernity and Modernist Technique. For ease of use in the classroom, MFS editor John N. Duvall has also included two appendixes. The first is an alternative table of contents that arranges the critiques by major vels. The second appendix lists all of the essays chrologically, and provides a full list of all seventy-three Faulkner essays published by MFSover the years. Duvall's introduction explains the critical role of MFS in the evolution of Faulkner studies. His organization of the works and his supplementary material provide both students and scholars with a concise overview of Faulkner studies from its New Critical beginnings through its current engagements with theory and history.
- Author BiographyJohn N. Duvall is a professor of English at Purdue University and author of, among other books, Race and White Identity in Southern Fiction: From Faulkner to Morrison. He has served as editor of MFS since 2002.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleA Modern Fiction Studies Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note4, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJohn N. Duvall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.