Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionWith verbal urgency and visionary imagination, this collection features the work of one of the Caribbean s most important poets. Presenting what life is like on a small island, vulnerable to the wounded thrashings of world capitalism in crisis an island where livelihoods are destroyed at the flourish of a Brussel bureaucrat s pen; where Paradise is a tourist cruise ship that reminds the people of their neocolonial status; andwhere global consumerism has poisoned the ambitions of the young into drugs, crime, and violence these candid poems are a warning of the perils fragmenting societies and ecologies.
- Author BiographyKendel Hippolyte is a poet, a playwright, and a director. He is the author of five books of poetry, including Birthright and Night Vision, and his writing has been featuredin various journals, such as the Greenfield Review andthe Massachusetts Review, as well as in the anthologies Caribbean Poetry Now and Voiceprint.
- Author(s)Kendel Hippolyte
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight118 g
- Width206 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.