Fault Lines of International Legitimacy by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 4 Oct
- AU $34.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFault Lines of International Legitimacy deals with the following questions: What are the features and functions of legitimacy in the international realm? How does international legitimacy, as exemplified in particular by multilateral rms, organizations, and policies, change over time? What role does the international distribution of power and its evolution have in the establishment and transformation of legitimacy paradigms? To what extent do democratic values account for the growing importance of legitimacy and the increasing difficulty of achieving it at the international and the national level? One of the central messages of the book is that, although the search for international legitimacy is an elusive endeavor, there is alternative to it if we want to respond to the intertwined demands of justice and security and make them an integral and strategic part of international relations.
- Author BiographyHilary Charlesworth is an Australian Research Council Federation Fellow and Director of the Centre for International Governance and Justice at the Australian National University, Canberra. She has written widely on international law and human rights law and has held visiting appointments in U.S. and European universities. Jean-Marc Coicaud is the Director of the United Nations University (UNU) Office at the United Nations in New York. His published books include L'introuvable democratie autoritaire, Legitimite et Politique, Politics and Legitimacy: A Contribution to the Study of Political Right and Political Responsibility, Beyond the National Interest, and Limits of the UN/Future of the UN. He is now finishing a new book titled Kissing War Goodbye.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byHilary Charlesworth,Jean-Marc Coicaud
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.