All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe usage of parallel or distributed systems offers the possibility to execute grand challenge problems. Due to the complexity of such high performance computing systems and the long execution times of todays simulations, the probability of a failure during a program run cant be neglected. In this work fault tolerance - specificaly user-transparent checkpointing - is considered. Analysis is performed using simulations. Real implementations are deployed to verify results. The aim is to give an easy approximation on the overhead generated by checkpointing protocols. In addition, it is shown in which situations more complex checkpointing protocols are useful in contrast to very simple approaches.
- Author BiographyBernd Bieker has studied Electrical Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and at the Universitaet-GH Paderborn where he earned his Master degree. There and later at the Universitaet zu Luebeck he did research on fault tolerance. Since then he worked for IT companies in the banking, telecommunication and utility area.
- Author(s)Bernd Bieker
- PublisherMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2003
- ImprintMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight310 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.