All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionJohhan Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust, written between 1806 and 1831, was translated by Bayard Taylor in 1870 and published In 1871. It was illustrated by Harry Clarke in a 1925 edition published by Hartsdale House that was limited to 2,000 copies. Bayard Taylor's translation preserves the beautiful, metered verse and rhyme of von Goethe's adaptation of the legend of Dr. Faust. That translation is faithfully reproduced in this edition as are the famous Harry Clarke illustrations, which are credited with influencing the psychedelic art movement in the 1960's. The eight color plates are reproduced in black and white.
- Author BiographyBayard Taylor (January 11, 1825 - December 19, 1878) was an American poet, literary critic, translator, and travel author. He is best known for his translation of von Goethe's Faust.
- Author(s)Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byBayard Taylor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.