All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Goud's interpretation is the best-kwn and most frequently performed of any stage or orchestral treatment of the Faust legend. Long a staple of the operatic repertoire, <i>Faust</i> was a major success upon its first fully realized performance at Milan's La Scala in 1862. The opera's lyricism, tremendous variety of mood and orchestral color, and subtle delineation of character continue to delight generations of concertgoers.Now opera lovers can study and enjoy the complete masterpiece in this attractive and inexpensive volume, which has been reprinted from an authoritative edition. Despite the frequency of its performances, Goud's work is hard to find in print, so this rare edition of the full score constitutes a treasure for conductors, performers, and music majors alike.
- Author BiographyFrench composer Charles Francois Gounod (1818 93) is best known for his operas <i>Faust</i> and <i>Rom</i><i>eo et Juliette</i> and for his popular arrangement of Ave Maria.
- Author(s)Charles Gounod
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight1563 g
- Width239 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.