CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Favorite Stories of Christmas Past by Nora A. Smith, Kate Wiggin, Christopher Andersen, Clement C. Moore, O. Henry, Sarah Orne Jewett, Mary Mapes Dodge, Francis P. Church, Louisa May Alcott, Robert Grant (CD-Audio, 2008)
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $46.55
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $25.79
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.59
About this product
- DescriptionTantor Media presents a collection of some of the most popular Christmas stories read by award-winning narrators Renee Raudman and Alan Sklar. This special anthology will transport listeners back to the Christmases of their youth, when they first heard these holiday tales. From 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Clement C. Moore's classic depiction of St. Nicholas at work, to O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi, which embodies the very spirit of Christmas, Favorite Stories of Christmas Past has something for everyone. Also included is Francis Church's moving editorial response to a little girl's Christmastime query, Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Clause, as well as seven other Christmas classics that can be heard and shared year after year. The classics that can be found in Favorite Stories of Christmas Past are: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore; The Story of Christmas by Nora A. Smith; A Country Christmas by Louisa May Alcott; An Empty Purse by Sarah Orne Jewett; The Bachelor's Christmas by Robert Grant; The Fir Tree by Hans Christian Andersen; The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin; Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus by Francis Church; The Festival of St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge; and The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry.
- Author BiographyLouisa May Alcott (1832-1888) published over thirty books and collections of stories, most notably the groundbreaking coming-of-age novel Little Women. Christopher Andersen is the critically acclaimed author of twenty-five books, which have been translated into twenty-six languages worldwide. Coming soon... Coming soon... Coming soon... O. Henry, the pseudonym of William Sydney Porter (1862-1910), was a prolific American short story writer who published over six hundred stories and ten collections, including Cabbages and Kings, The Four Million, Whirligigs, and The Heart of the West. Coming soon... Coming soon... Coming soon... Coming soon... Renee Raudman is a multi-award-winning audiobook narrator and actor. A multiple Audie Award nominee, she has earned a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards, and her narration of Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper was selected by Library Journal as one of the best audiobooks of 2009.Alan Sklar is the winner of several AudioFile Earphones Awards and a multiple finalist for the APA's prestigious Audie Award. Named a Best Voice of 2009 by AudioFile magazine, his work has twice earned him a Booklist Editors' Choice Award, a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award, and Audiobook of the Year by ForeWord magazine.
- Author(s)Christopher Andersen,Clement C. Moore,Francis P. Church,Kate Wiggin,Louisa May Alcott,Mary Mapes Dodge,Nora A. Smith,O. Henry,Robert Grant,Sarah Orne Jewett
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.