All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1940, and war is raging in Europe. With forty million citizens of German ancestry, there is great pressure within America to stay out of the fight. Elements ranging from the Nazi-sympathetic German-American Bund to the WASP-led America First movement are working feverishly to make sure America does t intervene on the side of a beleaguered Great Britain. Stephen Nessheim, a 28-year-old German-American Lutheran, is working for the still-fledgling FBI. Having grown up in a small Wisconsin town, Nessheim has attended the University of Chicago already kwn for its radical theories of education and Leftist sympathies. But Nessheim is conservative, befitting his small-town upbringing as the son of a schoolteacher, and plays American football in college. Dealing with his own conflicts and that of his divided community, Nessheim finds himself assigned to infiltrate the Bund to seek out suspected Nazi extremists. His investigations take him deep into the heart of Roosevelt's government. But as he moves closer to the truth, ather even more sinister plot emerges which threatens the very foundations of American democracy.
- Author BiographyANDREW ROSENHEIM came to England from America as a Rhodes Scholar in 1977 and has lived near Oxford ever since. He is the author of Stillriver, Keeping Secrets and Without Prejudice. He is married and has twin daughters.
- Author(s)Andrew Rosenheim
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementAirport / Ireland / Export ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.