Fear and Greed: Investment Risks and Opportunities in a Turbulent World by Nicolas Sarkis (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.81Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe early 21st century has been a period of extreme fear and greed in the world's financial markets. Vast sums of wealth have been lost by some, but also made by others. Faith in the investment industry is w at its lowest-ever ebb, and the crisis remains far from resolution. Fear and Greed aims to prepare investors for the financial challenges and opportunities of the next few years. Having successfully guided his firm's investors through the turmoil since 2007, leading investment manager Nicolas Sarkis draws upon the lessons of history in order to illuminate the way ahead. In particular, Sarkis explores the plight of equities in the developed world since the millennium and considers when they might finally recover, as well as the likely effects of reducing government indebtedness upon markets. He also offers his insights into the outlook for stocks in emerging nations, for gold and for the single European currency. In addition to the prospects for the leading asset classes, Fear and Greed examines some of the biggest issues confronting the financial world as a whole.Sarkis focuses on the behaviour of central banks, regulators, and financial wrongdoers, especially in relation to their contribution to the current crisis. In this lively and engaging book, Sarkis offers a clear vision of the coming years and plenty of inspiration for investors.
- Author BiographyNicolas Sarkis left his native Lebanon during the 1970s civil war. After graduating from leading European Business School ESSEC, he joined Goldman Sachs as the youngest ever Associate in 1993. He was promoted to Vice-President by the age of 26 and subsequently held various senior roles in the securities and wealth management businesses for over twelve years. He established AlphaOne Partners in 2006, an investment firm stressing at its model's core alignment of interests, independence and transparency. The firm focuses on a tried and tested investment process, similar to that used by the most successful university endowments. AlphaOne has won several industry awards and is now a recognised leader in its field. Sarkis is also a Trustee of Action Against Hunger, an international humanitarian organisation whose aim is to end world hunger.
- Author(s)Nicolas Sarkis
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, charts
- Weight535 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.