All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $51.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe current neuroscientific research in the field of emotion studies highlights a paradigm of scientific research that must be categorized as functional science. As functional science, the neuroscientific theory of the neuron doctrine combined with a Jungian theory of the complex doctrine hold significant potential for a natural human science and a psychological study of affectivity. Though researchers utilize psychological constructs similar to those proposed by Carl Jung, there appears to be a fear of Jung, that is, a professional fear of invoking Jung's name or his psychological research. One familiar with Jung's works tice similar termilogy, ideas, and even conclusions. The marginalization and neglect of Jung's psychological insights from a serious empirical-scientific approach to psychology is due to many factors. Jung did t reduce psychological experience to the body or brain; a reductive science does t consider seriously the reality of the psyche. This work is an initial contribution to a psychological and neurological study of personal emotional experience. The complex is a personal reality that exists as a confluence of body and psyche, and is present to the psyche as an image. Affective science must consider the functional role of the complexes as well as the neurological functions in the human experience of emotions.
- Author BiographyTheo A. Cope has an M.A. in Psychology, and he is currently completing his Ph.D. in Analytical and Chinese Cultural Psychology at South China Normal University (SCNU), Guangzhou, China. He is a Psychology instructor at SCNU and a counselor in private practice.
- Author(s)Theo A. Cope
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight440 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.