All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist for the New Mexico/Arizona Book AwardIt's hard to recognize the devil when his hand is on your shoulder. That's because a psychopath is just a person before he becomes a headline....Psychopaths have preferences for Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts coffee, denim or linen, Dickens or...well, you get the point.Ex-FBI agent Brigid Quinn has seen more than her share of psychopaths. She is ready to put all that behind her, building a new life in Tucson with a husband, friends, and some nice quiet work as a private investigator. Sure, she could still kill a man half her age, but she w gets her martial arts practice by teaching self-defense at a women's shelter.But sometimes it isn't that simple. When her sister-in-law dies, Brigid take in her seventeen-year-old niece, Gemma Kate. There has always been something unsettling about Gemma-Kate, but family is family. Which is fine, until Gemma-Kate starts taking an unhealthy interest in dissecting the local wildlife. Meanwhile, Brigid agrees to help a local couple by investigating the death of their son--which also turns out t to be that simple. Her house isn't the sanctuary it used to be, and new dangers--including murder--seem to lurk everywhere. Brigid starts to wonder if there is anyone she can trust, or if the devil has simply moved closer to home. Becky Masterman's Fear the Darkness is the masterful follow-up to the Edgar Award and CWA Gold Dagger finalist Rage Against the Dying.
- Author BiographyBECKY MASTERMAN, who was an acquisitions editor for a press specializing in medical textbooks for forensic examiners and law enforcement, received her M.A. in creative writing from Florida Atlantic University. Her debut thriller, Rage Against the Dying, was a finalist for the Edgar Award for Best First Novel, the CWA Gold Dagger Award for Best Crime Novel of 2013, the ITV Thriller Award, as well as the Macavity, Barry, and Anthony awards. Becky lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband.
- Author(s)Becky Masterman
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBrigid Quinn
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.