All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionBack some time ago when folks still had to worry about giants and wild unicorns and such, there was an old woman and her son, Jack. So begins this tall tale from the heart of Appalachia about Jack, a boy who goes out to seek his fortune (accompanied by his faithful, although somewhat cowardly, hound) and winds up face-to-face with some pretty ornery critters! How Jack manages to overcome each varmint one by one -- without even meaning to! -- is the heart of this funny, boisterous story from an award-winning artist.
- Author BiographyPaul Brett Johnson grew up in the small town of Mousie, Kentucky, listening to stories about Jack, the boy-hero who stars in a series of Appalachian folk tales. In Fearless Jack, he has drawn upon this rich Appalachian heritage to bring the humor and energy of the Jack stories to life. Paul Brett Johnson is a two-time recipient of the Kentucky Bluegrass Award and the creator of more than fifteen picture books, including The Cow Who Wouldn't Come Down, which was a School Library Journal Best Book, an American Bookseller Pick of the Lists, and one of the New York Public Library's One Hundred Books for Reading and Sharing. Paul lives in Lexington, Kentucky, where he is currently at work on his next Jack Tale.
- Author(s)Paul Brett Johnson
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight119 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Brett Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.