All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of the saints who helped build the Catholic Church in the United States Frances Cabrini, Isaac Jogues, John Neumann, Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Damien de Veuster, among others are marked by strength, courage, determination, and sanctity. But as this thoughtful and engaging book points out, these saints also could be foolhardy, obstinate, stubborn, and dismissive. In other words, they were a lot like everyone, with a mixture of different qualities and characteristics. What makes the stories of the thirteen men and women in Fearless so compelling is that a distinctly American way of holiness begins to emerge from their lives and their work. These were people who walked the streets of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Denver. They traveled along California s coast and into the Southwest, penetrated the heartland of Indiana and Missouri, and reached out into the territorial islands of the United States. Captivating illustrations for each saint highlight the depth of their souls, and give readers an idea of the strong characteristics exemplified by these men and women. Fearless will bring the reader through the history of the Catholic Church in America in an intimate and personal way, with the stories of the saints and blessed who helped Christianity become part of this country s fabric. These men and women did t set out to be saints, only to live out the Gospel as they best knew how. They followed their hearts and God s will to build a better place for the people of the New World.
- Author BiographyAlice Camille is a writer, religious educator, and parish retreat leader, who received a master of divinity degree from the Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley. Camille has authored nine books, numerous articles, and regular columns; writes the monthly commentary Exploring the Sunday Readings ; and has worked with teams at Brown-ROA, Harcourt, Hi-Time/Pflaum, and RCL Benziger developing catechetical materials for use in parochial schools. Paul Boudreau is a priest of the Diocese of Norwich, Connecticut and is currently assisting at St. Mary s Church in Portland, Connecticut. He is the author of Between Sundays: Daily Gospel Reflections and Prayers and has written many articles on various aspects of parish and pastoral ministry.
- Author(s)Alice Camille,Reverend Paul Boudreau
- PublisherFranciscan Media
- Date of Publication17/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFranciscan Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width147 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Thomas Hann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.