Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionAre you afraid of being pummeled by surf, eaten by sharks and bullied by rip currents? Most triathletes learned to swim in a pool, but they have to race in rivers, lakes and oceans. For many the fear of vast open water, crashing surf and sharks, disorientation, seasickness and anxiety can make the triathlon swim the worst part of the day. This guide addresses those concerns in a progression of skills to take the athlete confidently from pool to lake to river to sea. Ultra endurance swimmers share insights for dealing with fears and medical professionals provide sound safety advice for swimming in dirty water. Readers will also learn about screening for pre-existing medical conditions that have contributed to triathlon swim deaths. Former ocean lifeguard and triathlete coach Ingrid Loos Miller will take you step-by-step from pool to any open water destination by teaching the skills you need to feel more confident in the open water.
- Author BiographyIngrid Loos Miller is a USAT Certified Coach, member of the Unites States Lifesaving Association and a former ocean lifeguard. She is also a sport nutrition consultant. Her other books include: Ironplanner-Iron-Distance Organizer For Triathletes and Weight Management For Triathletes.
- Author(s)Ingrid Loos Miller
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/01/2017
- Content Notec30 colour
- Weight422 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.