Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.82Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.88Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.13Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe harrowing adventure of a boy, a real-life famous daredevil, and a monster storm! When a storm brings down his father's boat, Digory Beale is forced to leave home to discover his fate. For if Digory has been orphaned, he can never go home again. On his journey, Digory becomes the apprentice to Henry Winstanley, a charming stranger whose life's obsession is to save sailors' lives. Digory must face his fears of the sea to help Henry bring candles to the amazing rock lighthouse Henry has built on a killer reef. But who could have kwn the force of the monster storm that was heading their way? In this poignant page-turner, Digory comes to understand the many facets of courage -- and what it means to be a true hero.
- Author BiographyThe bestselling author of GEORGE WASHINGTON'S SOCKS and THE RAVENMASTER'S SECRET, Woodruff has written more than twenty books for children, including picture books, historical fiction, and lighthearted fantasy. Her numerous school visits each year are popular with kids and teachers. The sequel to GEORGE WASHINGTON'S SOCKS, GEORGE WASHINGTON'S SPY, will be published in November 2010. She lives with her family in Martin's Creek, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Elvira Woodruff
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.