All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionDoctor Justo Pastor Proceso Lopez should be a happy man--he has a family, a thriving medical practice, and adoring patients--but he lives a troubled life. He is married to a beautiful woman, but she despises him, and thanks to her influence he is unable to win favor with his two daughters. In his growing despair, Lopez becomes obsessed with exposing the myth of national hero Simon Bolivar--El Libertador, The Liberator --for what it truly is: a lie covering up years of massacres, betrayals, and sex scandals. But in interviewing elder locals about their memories of Bolivar he discovers that in Pasto, Colombia, the myth of Bolivar holds a tight grip on the identity of the city. To put an end the cult of El Libertador, Lopez devises an elaborate stunt involving a carnival float on the day of The Black and White Carnival, celebrating the Feast of the Holy Incents. In the feverish atmosphere of the Feast celebrations, Doctor Lopez watches his life come undone before his eyes. From one of Colombia's foremost literary talents, Feast of the Incents is both heartbreaking and triumphant, a literary portrait of obsession, alienation, and cultural identity in 1960s Colombia.
- Author BiographyEvelio Rosero is a novelist and playwright whose work has been recognized by Colombia's National Literature Award and translated into more than a dozen languages. He is the author of sixteen novels, among which The Armies won the 2006 Tusquets International Novel Prize and the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize in 2009. Rosero lives in Bogota, Colombia. Anne McLean has twice won the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize, for Cercas' Soldiers of Salamis and Evelio Rosero's The Armies.Anna Milsom is Senior Lecturer in Translation at London Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Evelio Rosero
- PublisherMaclehose Press Quercus
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaclehose Press Quercus
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.